Thursday, July 22, 2010

The stove

I want a wood fired stove with a wetback for the hot water.  There are a few reasons for this.  One is that I want the least amount of electricity use possible so having my stove used for cooking, heating and hot water helps achieve this.  The blocks of land I am looking at will most likely need some trees felled to make them suitable to build on and this will provide wood for a while, and I plan on planting trees to cover the rest of my wood use so hopefully there will be a minimum amount of time when I am buying wood and the rest of the time I will be self sufficient.  The third reason is purely selfish - I find a wood stove comforting and aesthetically pleasing.

In an ideal world the stove I get will be this one






http://www.pivotstove.com.au/products/p-266-esse-esse-ironheart-wood-stove

1 comment:

  1. That is a great looking stove, I have a friend who has one similar, she is 78, and still does all her cooking one one of these :)

    ReplyDelete