Wednesday, June 22, 2011

3 tonnes of firewood - more than just fuel for the fire

We got a huge pile of wood delivered the other day.  The overwhelming thing about a huge pile of wood in your drive way is that you then need to move it somewhere else.  By hand.  The process has highlighted a couple of things for me.  That physically, I am not that great.  That to live the life I want to, I actually need to start doing it.  Now.  That it will involve physical labour like moving firewood.  That I actually don't mind that physical labour.  On days like today when I am grumpy and irritable moving the wood brought some peace to my mind.  Getting off the couch and outside into the sun using my body calmed my mind and erratic emotions. 
The reality of the huge pile of wood is more than just warmth in the middle of a very cold winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment