Thursday, June 16, 2011

random lists

Electrical stuff I plan on having ( I was going to say need but that depends entirely on your definition of 'need')
Laptop/computer
mobile phone charger
freezer
light
washing machine


don't think there is anything else off the top of my head...  Its not a long list although I am sure there would be people with a shorter one!

Random thoughts I had over the last week

 - Would like to have a seperate room with a fireplace, bath and arm chair as a retreat
 - in loft have shelving in walls for storing wool and related stuff.
 - bottles built in wall niches for candles

Not much else I can remember off the top of my head - spent the week avoiding anything too strenuous due to migraines and a bad back and my brain has apparently turned to mush...

Oh yes - also wanted to note down to build a cob chicken house and a cob rabbit hutch.  While the current bunny (Rob Anybody) is ok outside in the heavy frosts we have been having he has been moved up to the apple shed due to wind/rain etc.  I think he would generally be happier with a home that protected him from the weather better than his hutch does currently and so build one when we have our house.

We have been getting very heavy frosts quite frequently this winter (after having only one or two all season last year) and it is staying cold for a lot of the day.  While the corner we are planning on using gets the sun earlier than where we are currently living it will still be cold up there during the harsher winters.  I plan on taking advantage of the sun by building a greenhouse around the northern facing wall with a wisteria or something else that is green in summer/ bare in winter growing over it.  This will hopefully fulfil a couple of purposes.
 - Provide extra heat in winter by magnifying the sun onto the cob wall which will absorb it and then release the heat when it is cooler. 
- Provide somewhere for me to grow veges year round


Huh, apparently I had more to blather on about than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment