Wednesday, June 8, 2011

organising a small space




I am planning on living in a very small space - essentially one big open room so I lie seeing how other people do it. 
I plan to keep minimal furniture - my great grandfathers wardrobe, the bed my dad made, my beautiful coffee table and my spinning wheel and chair.  The rest will be built in - the couches for the living area built of cob (possibly hollow with a lid for storage space).  The bed in an alcove raised off the floor to enable storage underneath.  Bookshelves as part of the walls (the walls will probably be a bit thinner behind the bookshelves but books will provide insulating qualities which will counteract that.  Seating for the dining area will be also built into the cob, possibly heated by the flue of a rocket heater, will probably have to get a dining table though ;)  I'm planning on having lots of niches in the wall for candles and lanterns too.  The look of cob houses lit by candles and lanterns is so warm and homely.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment